Photos

Photographer's Note

Since November 11, 1870 it is the City Hall of Alcalá de Henares and would be remodeled by the architect Cirilo Vara and Soria, on the site of the former convent of Agonizantes, for its new function; leaving the south side of the building for the Municipal Schools, hence its designation as Calle de las Escuelas.

In 1872 the architect Adolfo Fernández Casanova divided the former chapel of the convent, turning the upper floor into the current Noble or Plenary Hall, and the ground floor into offices. In 1875 the plenary hall was decorated with stucco and tapestries, installing on its walls the medallions dedicated to Cervantes, Cardinal Cisneros, El Empecinado, Nebrija, Pedro Gumiel, and Antonio de Solís and Rivadeneyra. The documentary archive was built on the top floor. Outside a clock with a single dial was incorporated.

In 1880, during a visit to the city of the kings Alfonso XII and María Cristina de Habsburgo-Lorena, they granted the title of "His Excellency" to the City of Complutense.

In 1924 the municipal architect José de Azpíroz y Azpíroz remodeled the facade in an eclectic style, reminiscent of neoclassical. Next to the main doors placed four columns; on the central balcony insert the shield of the city; it raises a central turret to house a three-sphere clock; and place a balustrade on the top of the ledge to camouflage the deck.

In 1946 Azpíroz, and continued by the following municipal architect José María Málaga, modernized the ground floor, with more functional offices and opening the patio gaps. It has a square patio in the center, and a staircase located in the southern bay. The tower rises on the facade, providing it with a new watch with three spheres of more than a meter and a half in diameter each (the old clock was sold to the City of Meco); The new watch, built in Roquetas by the company Manufacturas Blasco de Relojes Públicos, was inaugurated on August 6, 1946.

--------------------------------------------------

Desde el 11 de noviembre de 1870 es el Palacio Consistorial de Alcalá de Henares y seria remodelado por el arquitecto Cirilo Vara y Soria, en el solar del antiguo convento de Agonizantes, para su nueva función; dejando el lateral sur de la edificación para las Escuelas Municipales, de ahí su denominación de Calle de las Escuelas.

En 1872 el arquitecto Adolfo Fernández Casanova divide la antigua capilla del convento, convirtiendo la planta superior en el actual Salón Noble o de Plenos, y la planta baja en oficinas. En 1875 el salón de plenos se decorada con estucos y tapices, instalando en sus paredes los medallones dedicados a Cervantes, el Cardenal Cisneros, El Empecinado, Nebrija, Pedro Gumiel, y Antonio de Solís y Rivadeneyra. En la planta alta se construyó el archivo documental. En el exterior se incorporó un reloj con una única esfera.

En 1880, durante una visita a la ciudad de los reyes Alfonso XII y María Cristina de Habsburgo-Lorena, le concedieron el título de "Excelentísimo" al Ayuntamiento complutense.

En 1924 el arquitecto municipal José de Azpíroz y Azpíroz remodela la fachada en un estilo ecléctico, con reminiscencias neoclásicas. Junto a las puertas principales coloca cuatro columnas; sobre el balcón central inserta el escudo de la ciudad; eleva una torrecilla central para albergar un reloj de tres esferas; y coloca una la balaustrada en lo alto de la cornisa para camuflar la cubierta.

En 1946 Azpíroz, y continuado por el siguiente arquitecto municipal José María Málaga, modernizan la planta baja, con oficinas más funcionales y abriendo los huecos del patio. Dispone de un patio cuadrado en el centro, y una escalera situada en la crujía sur. En la fachada se eleva la torre, dotándola de un nuevo reloj de tres esferas de más de un metro y medio de diámetro cada una (el antiguo reloj fue vendido al Ayuntamiento de Meco); el nuevo reloj, construido en Roquetas por la empresa Manufacturas Blasco de Relojes Públicos, se inauguró el 6 de agosto de 1946.

ikeharel, jhm, holmertz, Fis2, pajaran, COSTANTINO, papagolf21, sacimar has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 32
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8658 W: 5 N: 15631] (69696)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH