Photographer's Note

The Bridge of Milos

This Bridge is consisted of 2 large arches and a pseudoarch. It�s situated Southeast from the village Kipoi in Bagiotiko and about 1 Km before Vikos. It was built in 1748, and its name is taken after the church mill that is situated right next to it. The bridge served the people of Kipoi, who were going for grinding or to cultivate the watering gardens. Also it was serving the people that were traveling to Ioannina the former years, when they used to take a shortcut from the road of Gasoura.

The bridge is related closely with nature and tradition (During the feast of Epiphany the priest throws the cross to the waters of the river from its top). The bridge itself �shows� a calm face along with the rest of the background area.

� 2010 - All rights reserved. The photos taken by photographer Athanasios Benisis are registered and copyrighted. Use in any form (web, paper publication, public exposure, etc.) is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the photographer. To contact with photographer please use his intro page Hellas on TrekEarth.

Cretense, dip, siolaw, vasilpro, mvdisco has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 2470
Points: 23
Additional Photos by Athanasios Benisis (Hellas) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1207 W: 175 N: 1350] (7113)
View More Pictures