Photos

Photographer's Note

Merano is extended by the broad green valley of the Adige, at the confluence with the river Passirio, surrounded by hills cultivated with orchards and vineyards, where castles abound. It was the capital of the county of Tirol (in the year 1274 and minted its currency). In the first decades of the last century became famous for its mild climate, the traditional hospitality and excellent structure ampelotherapy, today is a holiday resort and rest elegant and cosmopolitan, with excellent sports facilities and water baths trace minerals.
Since 1840 in Merano is to construct a Kurhaus, that building, which is typical of the spa towns of Central Europe, able to welcome tourists for both treatments, and for entertainment. In 1873 he welcomed the draft submitted by the architect Josef Czerny. On November 14, 1874 was celebrated the inauguration, which was made memorable by the light of 120 gas lamps. In 1897 he created the electric light and the terrace was demolished East and instead returned to the life of the reading rooms. It spoke of a general reorganization which resulted in the committee to Viennese architect Friedrich Ohmann. He designed the great hall known as the "Kursaal" and the roundabout was the Meran Kurhaus the most beautiful building in the alpine zone.

-----------------------

Merano se extiende por el amplio y verde valle del Adige, en la confluencia con el rio Passirio, rodeada de colinas cultivadas con frutales y viñedos, en las que abundan los castillos. Fue la capital del condado del Tirol (en el año 1274 ya acuñaba su moneda). En los primeros decenios el siglo pasado se hizo famosa por la suavidad de su clima, la tradicional ampeloterapia y excelente estructura hotelera; hoy dia es una localidad de veraneo y reposo elegante y cosmopolita, con muy buenas instalaciones deportivas y termas de aguas oligominerales.
Desde 1840 en Merano se intenta construir un Kurhaus, ese edificio, que es típico de las ciudades termales de Europa Central, capaz de acoger a los turistas para ambos tratamientos, y para el entretenimiento. En 1873 le dieron la bienvenida al proyecto presentado por el arquitecto Josef Czerny. El 14 de noviembre 1874 se celebró la inauguración, que se hizo memorable por la luz de 120 lámparas de gas. En 1897 se creó la luz eléctrica y fue demolida la terraza oriental y en su lugar volvieron a la vida las salas de lectura. Se hablo de una reorganización general que se tradujo en la comisión al arquitecto vienés Friedrich Ohmann. Diseñó el gran salón conocido como el "Kursaal" y la rotonda que hizo del Merano Kurhaus el edificio más hermoso de la zona alpina.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2414
Points: 58
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 8348 W: 5 N: 15042] (66974)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH