Photos

Photographer's Note

Teatro Gioachino Rossini Pesaro
Dopo l'inaugurazione del febbraio 1637, l'edificio ha subìto diverse vicissitudini architettoniche. Nel 1694 sono costruiti tre ordini di palchi; nel 1788 Tommaso Bicciaglia ristruttura completamente l'ingresso su cui é rimasto l'antico portale bugnato dell'architetto Filippo Terzi: nel 1790 il pittore veneziano Andrea Giuliani rinnova totalmente la platea, le decorazioni del soffitto, delle corsie e dei palchi.
Riedificato tra il 1816 e il 1818 sotto la direzione dell'architetto Pietro Ghinelli di Senigallia, l'edificio assume la tipica struttura ottocentesca neoclassica cosiddetta del teatro all'italiana. Fra il 1817 e il 1818 il milanese Angelo Monticelli esegue - secondo i canoni della pittura neoclassica - il sipario dipinto raffigurante la Fonte di Ippocrene.

Con il nome di Teatro Nuovo viene inaugurato il 10 giugno 1818 e successivamente intitolato a Rossini nel 1855.Un nuovo intervento avviato nel 1988 e concluso nel 2002, é stato necessario per adeguare il Teatro alle più recenti normative sulla sicurezza. In questa occasione sono stati modificati il foyer e la Sala della Repubblica, realizzati nuovi sistemi per la prevenzione degli incendi e installate nuove attrezzature per gli impianti tecnici e di palcoscenico.

WS Versione a colori .....
__________________________________________________________

Rossini Theatre History
Built on the land where once the Della Rovere stables, it was inaugurated on 23rd February 1637 with the name "Teatro del Sole". The stage plan was realized by Niccolò Sabbatini from Pesaro. The building has undergone various architectural vicissitudes: in 1694 three levels of boxes were built; in 1788 Tommaso Bicciaglia completely restored the entrance, in which still remains the antique ashlar portal by the architect Filippo Terzi, surmonted by the great ovolo once bearing the ducal coat of arms erased by the republicans in 1797. In 1790 the Venetian painter Andrea Giuliani completely restored the stalls, the ceiling, aisle and boxes decorations. In 1816 the Town Council decreed the reconstruction of the building: the work, under the direction of the architect Pietro Ghinelli of Senigallia, terminated in 1818: the interior then took on the typical nineteenth-century neoclassical structure of the so-called italian-style theatre. Between 1817 and 1818 the milanese Angelo Monticelli painted the drop-curtain portraying the "Source of Ippocrene". With the name of "teatro Nuovo" it was inaugurated on the 10th June 1818 with the performance of "Gazza Ladra", under the direction of Rossini himself after whom in 1855 the theatre was named. Further restoration work took care of damages suffered during the earthquakes of 1916 and of 1930: on 30th August 1934 the theatre was newly inaugurated with the performance of "William Tell". Declared unfit for use in 1966, the Town Hall's engineering depatment carried out the urban renewal of the bearing structure. It was opened up again to the public in 1980 with a concert by Luciano Pavarotti.The theatre was closed in 2001-2002 for restoration.

WS colour version ...

Guenther, vinicio has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1955
Points: 10
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Alessandro Tura (Fellini) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 498 W: 90 N: 974] (6407)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH