Photographer's Note

Alberobello is a common one of 10.930 inhabitants in Barium province. Celebre for its characteristic rooms, calls trulli, declares patrimony to you of the humanity of the Unesco in 1996. The origins of the citizen go back to the second half of XVI the century, when, small feudo under the dominion of the Acquaviva, accounts of Conversano, began to popolarsi of peasants who rendered the forest (therefore called) fertile. The accounts authorized the coloni to construct the rooms dry, so as to to be able to be dirute in inspection case direction, since the birth of a city agglomerate demanded the payment of pays the prammatica second de baronibus; with the sly proposal the unjust tax was avoided. Year 1797 ran and a group of brave alberobellesi, tired with the precaria condition, oed to Taranto in order to ask aid the king Ferdinand IV di Borbone who listened and promised. 27 May 1797 the king emanated a decree with which the small free village divenne. The more characteristic rioni, to the center of Alberobello, are: the rione Mounts; the rione Small Aia. In these zones all the constructions send back to the typical structure of the trullo and are used to rooms, storees, bar, restaurants. Every trullo it is usually formed from a space centers them to square plant, that it communicates for means of arched with the kitchen and other rooms. Many of the trulli can be visit to you from the public. The rione Mounts and declared state "national monument" in 1910. Here on a surface of 15 hectares they are found more than thousand trulli. The denomination of the rione Small Aia is from searching itself in the custom that a time came made of the aia publishes to the inside of the rione, where executed the trebbiatura and the cleaning of the grain. In the aia the pesatura of the tenth due from the peasants to the accounts was effetuata moreover of Conversano. The history of the Trulli, buildings many particular, is tied to a editto of the Reign of Naples that in XV the century subjected to one pays every new city takeover. The accounts of Coversano, owners of the territory on which Alberobello rises today, then imposed the peasants send to you in these lands to build up to dry, without use it of malta, their rooms, so that they could shape like constructions predecay, of easy demolition. Having therefore to only use stones, the peasants found in the round shape with cupola roof, composed of overlapped circles of stones, the simpler and solid configuration. The cupola roofs of the trulli are embellished with pinnacoli decorated to you, the whose shape is inspired to symbolic elements, mystical and religious ones. They were realize to you from the maestranza assumed for the construction of the trullo and of it they identified the craftsman. Based on the quality of the invoice of the pinnacolo the handicraft skill of the constructor could therefore be identified not only, but also the value of the construction. A greater expense in the construction of the trullo allowed to characterize therefore, the well-to-do families from those less facoltose ones. As far as the symbols painted over the roofs of the trulli often they assume religious meaning; sometimes they can represent signs of the zodiaco. Pinnacolo and painted symbol entirety formed rising of civic identificativo, in how much for along Alberobello time have seen to deny an official acknowledgment from part of the accounts of Conversano. Trullo the more high of the country is called Sovereign Trullo. Fact to construct from the Perta family in the half of the 1700's, this building to two plans is used after museum and is possible to visit of the inside, furnished according to the taste of age, reconstructed through the testimonies of the oldest alberobellesi inhabitants. During the summery period, the Sovereign Trullo accommodates manifestations which teatrali shows, concerts of small orchestras or Jazz formations, evenings of culture and poetry. On the top of the rione Mounts the church of Sant' is found Antonio, anch' it to mò of trullo. 1927 on a land donated from one city of Alberobello to the Guanelliani clergymen were built up between 1926 and. The cupola is to shape of trullo and integral perfectly with the surrounding buildings. The church is to Greek cross. The cupola is high 21 meters. The church has endured a complete restoration in 2004 that has brought back it to the antichi splendors. Various the products and the jobs of the local handicraft: it is gone from the working of the iron to the invoice of baskets in ulivo wood; from the working of the stone to the production of the typical wine novello. Handicraft bastion is also the gastronomica art that sees the production of typical local specialties: the cakies of almonds, the pettole, cartellate and the macaroons. Fixed proposals, by now from decades, times to the aim not to lose the memory of the popular traditions, are the historical rievocazione (in which the hunting of the conte is remembered), the manger living (during which the parish of Sant' Antonio proposes reflection topics, with to one cracked of the life of the same country of the past century).

pen, ChrisJ, horias, buscape, fulvio52, Clementi, skippy007, jaywalker has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 3172
Points: 34
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 18511 W: 130 N: 39234] (210541)
View More Pictures