Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2020-12-27 0:26

Hello Ian, Nice view of these waterfalls. Maybe not high but there is quite a lot of water. Charming composition. You made a strange trip in 2006 - Ireland and Balkans...
Best regards Malgo

Old 12-27-2020, 09:18 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To emka: Re that trip

Hi Malgo
You seeing where we went in 2006 was only part of it - We started in Paris then - Brittany, the Loire down through the centre and the Tarn and then on to Italy (Cinque Terra, Tuscany, Bologna, Verona, Venice). After that it was the Balkans - Slovenia, Croatia and Montenegro before flying to Ireland. It was, I think, our longest trip ever - about 15 weeks I think and one of our best.
Let's hope 2021 will be a better year for travel although I don't think that we'll be able to leave Australia until 2022. It'll be more Australian travel next year which we like doing anyway.
Hope all is calm and healthy in Poland.
Ian
Old 12-27-2020, 02:01 PM
TE Expert

Talking

Hello Ian,
From northern Italy to Balkans is near, only Ireland is a bit different But when you came from Australia, everything in Europe was close. 15 weeks it is a long journey. My longest trip was six weeks in Italy and Slovenia in 1979, later there were some trips for 5 weeks. Although the last year was bad for travelling, I managed to see something (and safely return ).
How will be 2021? I plan to go this Saturday for a quite exotic trip. But it is difficult to foresee what will be restrictions.
In Poland, the situation with Covid is still very difficult, but yesterday the first persons got the vaccine.
Stay safe

Malgo