To cgrindahl: Thank you! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2005-01-11 3:09

Welcome to TE Lori! I live in the San Francisco Bay area and my portfolio is filled with skyline shots of this beautiful city. (This is one of my favorites.)

San Francisco certainly deserves all the attention it gets from both locals and visitors from around the world. I took a shot from the Oakland shoreline that is similar to this view, only I worked in black and white.

You've composed a nice shot here with fine detail for what was likely a scanned slide. The color is very far from reality however, with too much cyan. I've reached my daily limit on workshops so I'll simply suggest that you correct the color balance by reducing cyan and increasing red in both the midtone and highlights. See what you think.

I appreciate you willingness with your busy life to take time to participate at TE. Good for you! Enjoy yourself.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:16 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To cgrindahl: Thank you!

Curtis, thank you for your kind words. I'm currently looking at all of your lovely photos! It would be fun to live in your area with so many photo opportunities, although the area I live in has many more "nature" chances and as soon as my new camera comes I'll be giving it more attention here.
When I visited San Francisco I thought it was such a beautiful city, not at all what I was expecting.
Thanks again,
Lori