Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2008-02-26 15:09

Loic,
it seems to me that you're really taking it very aggressive on the copyright. TE already mentions that all pictures are protected. HAve evidence that people have stolen your pictures or from someone else at TE? It would be nice to have a real text coming with this shot besides your explanation that this image is protected.
Well, I personally look at it more or less relaxed, but than my shot are not as good as yours and my living comes from a different activity.
Anyway, did I mention that the image is really beautiful?
Peter

Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 AM
TE Expert

Default To pboehringer:

thanks for your visit..
in fact all this thing is a big story, which as lasted a lot into the forum..
Lots of photos of TE members are being stolen, every day..and they are fed up with that (even if it's not their job, even if the ymight don't care ..Etc...the thing is that people take your pictures and use them for business.., and this TE members don't want anymore..)
so, i have proposed severel solutions to protect the pictures, as TE staff don't do nothing about it ..!
first i 've proposed light watermarks...memebrs didn't really like
- i proposed to post smaller images 500 or 550 px...but they didn't like..
- finally i think that this solution is the best..a littel copyright text, and the name of the author in a corner..
to aswer to your question, i have never been very confronted to that kind of theft...i'm just talking in the name of the community..because obviously there is a problem..

you're telling me that photo is not your job (i guess it's not the main job of the major part of the members, otherwise they wouldn't be there!), but as your pictures are really good and impressive , don't be surprised if some day someone steals one, or several of them, to make business..
first you will be happy that somebody uses it...then you will think...damn...this guy is making busiess with my "work"...without asking permission...and you 'll get a bit upset..

hope you have understood waht i was saying, and what i meant, because my english written is not that good..

cheers