Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2007-11-29 6:20

Hi Hugh,
Did not saw this one from your posting yesterday...
I hope i can explain and you understand why i like this one much better than your previous panning shot. This one looks much more natural, not in the colors because they were good in the other one, but in a way how we are looking to it.
It's the way the panning looks, the cyclist is here better in the frame, the movement towards us...i really hope you understand what i mean.
The other one looked very different than a normal panning shot. I was not in doubt, i just wondered about the panning in that one...really no hard feelings to your work as a photographer.
This one is also better i think when i look at his position and his dark shadow in front of him and the car plays an important role as a second focal point...i like that part a lot.
Kind regards, Henk

Old 11-29-2007, 01:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Floydian: Thanks, Henk

Hi, Henk. No hard feelings on my side either. Thank you for your comments. These are really the only panning shots I have ever done, so I am quite an amateur in this regard. I hope you didn't take offense about my reaction to your previous comments. It's easy for there to be misunderstandings about meanings in this kind of forum. Anyway, I appreciate your interest, and I will keep trying to improve my panning techniques when I have the opportunity. Best regards, -Hugh