Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pummellja 2007-08-31 7:53

Chris,

A wonderfully evocative picture. What can I say, except it is stunning! I'm not a professional photographer, but I know when I see something good. This is beyond good.

John

Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default To pummellja: Thank you

Thank you for your comments, they are very welcome. Now get to work, and post some pictures!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To pummellja: Thank you

Chris,

I would love to post some pictures, but I've discovered that for some reason my camera isn't compatible with TE. I tried downloading a few pictures but got an error message that they were too large. Not sure what to do now. But I enjoy viewing everyone else's stuff!

John
Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
TE Newbie

There are two ways to proceed: first you can set your camera to shoot smaller pictures. Look for a setting that describes the image by pixel size, and choose one that is less than 800 pixels on the long dimension. Then choose a JPEG compression setting that makes a file smaller. There's a bit of trial and error in this.

The other way is to bring the image into an image-editing program and resize it down to the neccessary dimension. I use Adobe Photoshop, but there must be some other, less expensive programs for this. Apple's iPhoto will do this as well, giving you options in the "export" dialog.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
TE Newbie

I will try your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my note. I appreciate it.