To crhieatt: staying power - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great crhieatt 2007-08-24 9:41

Lisa,
I'm a bit of a coward with snowy mountain shots, I can never get the exposure balance right, which can be difficult in bright conditions with the snow and the relatively dark tree-scapes below. I just look at the ground and pretend I haven't seen them: "Mountain, what mountain - look at this interesting moss!"

Your exposure is pretty good here, perhaps the big peak has gone a little blue, but nothing too drastic. I hardly need comment on magnificence of the view.

One other thing though - you might kick yourself - but isn't everthing leaning down to the right of frame? I'm wondering, could the water really stay in that lake? Anyway, this sort of thing is easily fixed.

Regards
Colin

Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To crhieatt: staying power

Colin, I think probably everybody noticed but you're the first one to mention it. When I posted the photo, i was going by the vertical line of the foreground tree and some of the little ones in center, which were all nice and straight. I could not figure if the shot was off or if the trees in the distance were on a little tilt -- even in real life they sometimes appear that way on the steep slopes. But I think you're right, I goofed; the lake is the giveaway. I thought of pulling the shot and fixing it, but the crummy excuse is that I was too darned tired to spend any more time on it last night. I know, I ought to be kicked...

Thanks for stopping by,
Lisa