Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good m_s_s 2007-01-11 14:57

Hello Susana,
i've been to morocco recently, and i know beggers are big problem there. even bigger problem is with people, who are giving them money for photos. since this time, morocco is not a place for street photography. you can't take 'normal' picture without people asking for money. if you go to india, there is different culture. people are poor, but polite and don't see Europeans as a rich people, who you can take money from. i wanted to take some photos in morocco, but that would be too expensive for my pocket, some of the people were asking 10 euro for photo!
this is not one of your good photos. you've got bad light, composition is too tight and i barely can see the details. it looks like taken by 0.5 mega pixel camera and resized.
sorry to be so harsh this time, but we are all here to learn, no to know already.
regards

Old 01-11-2007, 10:17 PM
TE Newbie

Default To m_s_s: Thank you

I agree with you that the quality is lost. However, I am having difficulty in uploading some of my pictures because it looses the quality when I have to resize them to fit the format for TE. Do you have any suggestions about resizing? Compressing? I did take a read at your profile and am considering on buying a better camera. I thank you for your comment, it wasn't harsh at all. It is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Susana
Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To m_s_s: Thank you

probably you are using wrong program, which is 'cropping' quality of the image. try adobe photoshop, even old version, and resize it with edit/image size. should be alright.
regards
Old 01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To m_s_s: Thank you

probably you are using wrong program, which is 'cropping' quality of the image. try adobe photoshop, even old version, and resize it with edit/image size. should be alright.

and about camera... it's like an addiction. if you try TE once, you want more and more. i think canon should pay some contribution to TE ;)

regards