Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-10-2006, 09:19 AM
TE Newbie

Default Wires and cables

Hi all,

I need some help: how can I clone out wires and cables from a picture using Photoshop Elements 3?

Second question: how can I post a large format panorama picture here?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Wires and cables

> how can I clone out wires and cables from a picture using Photoshop Elements 3?

Probably the best tool for that is the Spot Healing Brush which I know is in PSE3. Another favourite is the Clone Tool, but I'm not sure whether that's available in PSE3 or not - if it is it'll have an icon like a rubber stamper.

Personally I leave the wires in my images - it's often part of the unique feel of the area. Some places are festooned with cables, some are devoid - every country/region is different :)

> how can I post a large format panorama picture here?

You need to upload the small version first, and it must have an aspect ratio of 2.5:1 or better. In other words, if it's 800px wide, it must be 320px (or less) tall. Once you've uploaded an image of that size, you should see the option to upload a Large Panorama. Here's Adam's original announcement