Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great weiphoto 2006-06-02 0:03

Gorgeous colors. You sure you weren't on Mars? So the color is just abnormal. I must make a note to travel to Arches NP. BTW, you have a Nikon zoom. Why did you use a 28 mm prime? I have that prime, and it is extremely sharp, which is my guess on why you used it.

Wei

Old 06-02-2006, 07:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To weiphoto: Let me know when you travel out...

Hello Wei,

You are right, I was looking for every last bit of detail, and eveness of illumination throughout the frame. Although the zoom would have been fine at 28mm. I guess I just like primes.

Arches is great, although from now until about mid September it is very hot and very dry. If you come out let me know, somewhere some place I have some very good maps that show the arches and their angles, so you can plan sunrise, sunset and moonrise moonset calculations. It is great in the fall if you can catch moonset and sunrise on arches that do well with southeast exposures, and on the same day catch moonrise and sunset on arches that have good westerly exposures.

If you are into geology, I can probably get you hooked up with some palentologists (sp?) that are working an area just outside of the NP.

Thanks
Dana