Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great dom_inik_m 2005-07-10 3:08

According to who will see such an image, this might be interpreted as a representation of heaven (I buy, then I exist), a symbol of hell (both wasting the planet's ressources and an air-conditioned nightmare) or an illusory interpretation of the perfect "civilized" way of life (the pursuit of happiness?)...
Philosophy for beginners, volume 5 (I'm quite sure I'll be able to spot the previous issues, with their subliminal meanings, in your portfolio, Curtis). You'll always surprise me! ;-)
What a way to start this Sunday! I'd better go back to bed... *o)
PS I'm not so sure about the crop suggested by Viviane. But, if it were me, I would dispose of the frame you added...

Old 07-10-2005, 10:19 AM
TE Expert

Default To dom_inik_m: How could Scandinavians...

ever do wrong? Ikea is a worldwide phenomenon, catering to shoppers hungry for Scandinavian design. This store happens to be near a major confluence of freeways in the East Bay. On weekends traffic on the city streets can become a nightmare, ALL because of this huge store. They added the five level parking garage to handle the cars arriving. Even on the rainy day in mid-week there was a steady stream of customers heading into the place.

You appreciate, of course, that, at least in this country, fully two-thirds of economic activity is associated with consumer spending. If consumers changed their minds, this economic huge house of cards would quickly collapse. Where would the arts be then? ;-)

Have an enjoyable Sunday Dominique.