Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-11-15 14:21

Hello Mariusz,
It has never occurred to me to compare Hawaii to the Canary Islands.
My first idea about Hawaii is also that it is very expensive and that the Spanish archipelago would be quite cheap. Perhaps I'm wrong about the latter. In the back of my mind is still the story of the expensive restaurant at the top of the beach, while in your previous photo we caught a glimpse of its terrace that looked very simple. They may have employed an expensive master chef of course.
As for nature, I didn't think there would be similarities. But actually I know far too little about Hawaii.
What strikes me about this photo here is the people who are on top of the cliff in the left upper corner. Clearly, there are visitors who want more than sun and sea.
I don't know if it's difficult to get there, but that seems like a challenge to me.
Maybe you know that there is a road that winds upwards that actually makes it easy to get there :)
The white boat is placed beautifully in the photo and I like the strong colour contrast between the blue ocean and the arid land.
Best regards, Paul

Old 11-16-2021, 08:29 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: people on top

Hi Paul,
What I usually do on such occasions is, I let my family settle on the beach and I take a while to climb all the cliffs by myself to get some photos around. In this case I did it as well but I think I still missed a couple of good spots as there were way too many options to explore.
On my favourite beach which I will show much later, the volcanic cone next to an amazing empty beach was so beautiful that we climbed it with my whole family.

Hawaii have a lot of similarities both being of volcanic origin but of course they are bigger and have more attractive tropical vegetation, rain forests etc.
Obviously also the culture is different.
The hikes between volcanic cones which I did on Maui was strikingly similar to national park on Lanzarote though,
M
Old 11-16-2021, 06:57 PM
TE Expert

Thanks Mariusz,

I know very little about Hawaii.
This American state has always been presented as a place impossible to get to because of the cost (to get there plus the cost of living) and that's why I never inquired about it again.

But I had imagined the archipelago as quite tropical. Perhaps incorrect.
The Canary Islands are not a tropical destination after all.

Kind regards,
Paul