Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great danielswalsh 2005-11-22 21:32

Hey Jim;

Nice shot! I really like the composition and colors...
If I can provide one suggestion. I'm willing to bet that you sharpened this one, added the frame and text BEFORE resizing? If you resize FIRST, then add the frame and the text etc. I think you will find that everything comes out alot sharper.

Cheers Jim!
- Dan

Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 AM
TE Newbie

Default To danielswalsh: thanks for the tips

Hello, Dan. Thank you for the tips and the link to the tutorial - I really have to spend some time with that tool (or even better, take a PS course!).

Thanks again.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:05 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To danielswalsh: thanks for the tips

I've picked up a lot of tips from books and magazines. If you buy a book, spend some time looking through it before you buy it.

I find there are a lot of books that get a bit too in depth (and normally don't have many pictures- I like pictures Hahah), and some of the books focus more on using Photoshop for media type stuff like creating web pages, banners, lettering etc etc etc.

A good range of books I found to start was "Simply Photoshop" (I think that's the name) lots of color photos- and very learner friendly.

Have fun Allison!
- Dan

If you have any questions or need some help etc. please feel free to ask...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:20 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To danielswalsh: thanks for the tips

Yes, magazines and books are a good idea. I have bought a few, but as you mentioned, they are very 'graphic design-ish.' I got PhotoShop Classroom in a Book (I think that's what it's called?), but can't seem to learn from it that well...). I'll keep looking - I think I mainly just need to dedicate the time.

I appreciate the offer of your help very much (you may be sorry!) :-)

Have a good night,
Allison