Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great scobert 2008-02-03 11:36

Hello Didi,
This is a great shot showing the type of architecture with the clay roofs that exists in this part of France. The Mediterranean architecture is quite different than that several hundred kilometers north. Mediterranean architecture is my favorite and it exists in abundance in New Mexico and Arizona also. The details of the clay roofs is fabulous! I am not surprised by your unfortunate mishap ("curious photographer syndrome"-CPS), but I am relieved that you are ok. All of us photographers are crazy anyway (my wife can attest to this fact) and, like a cats, our insatiable curiosity gets us into "hot water" sometimes. Excellent work!
Stan

Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 PM
TE Expert

Default To scobert: :))

Crazy ok :)
In fact in France there is different architectures in different region and I am not allowed to build a mediterranean house in Normandy or in Britany, we must respect the area style with some exception like in Nantes town the North Loire the roof houses are recoveres by slates and South Loire the roof houses are recovered by tiles, but the houses conception is different than Marseilles houses.
Best regards.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:08 PM
TE Newbie

Each region has its own principles of building a roof. I live in south Florida. There are a lot of natural disasters here. After another storm, I went to a roof repair company in south florida.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:38 PM
TE Newbie

Each region has its own principles of building a roof. I live in south Florida. There are a lot of natural disasters here. After another storm, I went to a roof repair company in south florida.