Why don't we clean the air on TE? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:20 AM
TE Expert

Default Why don't we clean the air on TE?

Too many great photographers and our friends have left or were banned from TE recently.
Some cases are clear too me other are not.
I believe moderators make a mistake cutting out the discussions about it. If certain people indeed crossed the line, I believe the evidence should be publicly presented to avoid unnecessary speculations. I suggest creating the space in the forum where the reasons for removing people could be followed by other members so that we can make our own opinion in that matter. As far as moderators have my support in the case of jasmis, I believe there are too many cases which remain unexplained. I don't accuse anybody. I assume that situation can be easily explained. May be the reason behind it is the language barrier.
But in my opinion the problem should be openly addressed and not avoided.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 AM
TE Expert

Angry

I agree with you 100%! I wonder why such instances never used to happen in the past? I have been a member of TE for almost 5 years now & I do not recall any instance where so many people have been disabled or their accounts blocked! The reasons which are being provided now, would have been there earlier as well! If I believe the moderators, is "crossing the line" happening only now or is it that the lineancy shown earlier has changed to a hardline approach now?!! I don't know!

To be honest sometimes I am losing the willingness to even post pictures now. The last crop of guys who have been disabled...all very very old members of the site. I know for sure Mikolaj used to post pictures in the true spirit of TE.

A situation has come when we are not at all sure what's ahppening here. We do not know the reason why moderators have taken a certain stance. I saw Emka's entry in Facebook today about the disablings & was quite honestly shocked!

I had participated in a similar discussion couple of months back...but I don't think things have changed for the better!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
TE Expert

I don't mind moderators being tough.
But I believe people should make informed decisions.
I heard for example that somebody left in solidarity with other member but it was actually a mistake.
Because the cases are so controversial I would prefer to see them and judge by myself.
As I said, I could completely understand the reasons behind the jasmis case but only because I was able to see that photo by myself on facebook. Otherwise I would just hear stories and the conspiracy theory would grow.
I am sure moderators have genuine reasons, but if so why don't we see it as well?
There can be a space with moderators decisions where we could just follow them. We do not need to be able to comment on them just to see how they made the decisions.
If some members become problematic, not honest or breaking the rules -even if they are senior members and our friends -we will condemn them, otherwise we will have the freedom to leave well informed.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
TE Expert

Default In the interest of both sides, we are all in the same boat

I think your proposal is a good one Mariusz, and IMO is not only in the interest of us members but also in the interest of the mods which in this way can shed of any suspect about their actions.
Reading some of the threads here I was shocked by the amount of suspicion and poison which is going on. This atmosphere is no good for anyone and doesn’t lead anywhere. The mods should apply all their efforts and good will to clean this atmosphere, of course with our sincere and tactful help.

Donato
Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 AM

First I want to say that Mariusz wrote to me and that i answered his mail as soon as possible.
Now it seems that Mariusz does not trust my reply but I can assure you that I don't want to include Jan/Jasmis in this event, Jan never acted like Mikolaj and his aliases.

Point is that Mikolaj created many accounts on TL and TE. The most troubles happened on TL because he and other "trolling" members were provocating each others.
All the multiple accounts were disabled and we asked Mikolaj to choose but ONE account which he did, it was also meant as a last warning about his behavior. A couple of weeks ago the "trolling and provocating" started again and finally Mikolaj's account on TL had to be disabled. We kept his TE account though, thinking he would have learned from all this and keep quiet.

In respons I got a very "nasty" and offending photo sent to me. I asked IB what to do and they agreed in disabling his account on TE too.

Questions?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Questions

Hi Vivianne and thank you for your explanations.
- May we know which accounts have been disabled?
- Is it accurate your method to determine who is who?
- Me and another TE member work side by side, so we share the same ip adress; do we have a problem? (never had for 4 years )
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
TE Expert

Hi Porteplume,
I am sorry for bothering you with that again in public.
Thank you for your more detailed explanations regarding the Mikolaj's case.
It is still somehow impossible for me to imagine that Mikolaj would be involved in strange games, as I know him as a very decent TE member for years, and he always posted everything perfectly in line with TE. But at least we know how you see his case, I am curious if he decides to comment on that.

But I do have further questions:
do you know anything about the others:
BeBeHooker
JanD
swiatopelk777
OlaKwiatek
?

Last edited by mkamionka; 01-12-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 AM

Mikolaj told us Ola Kwiatek was his daughter and Swiatopelk Karpinski his son. But ALL multiple accounts on TL (Black_Dog, leeloo, Maria_de_Graca, Serenissima, Rita_Baum, Paulo_Carvalho en more) had the same server, the same IP AND using the SAME computer. (Proves have been made for this)
Also he/they were using fantasy email addresses as [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] all inexistent mail accounts.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntas View Post
Hi Vivianne and thank you for your explanations.
- May we know which accounts have been disabled?
On TE we only disabled Mikolaj_Cava because of the picture he sent after his disabling on TL.
On TL the multiple accounts already had been disabled a couple of months ago and nobody asked about it... We could not warn them because all the emailaddreses were fake.

Quote:
- Is it accurate your method to determine who is who?
Me and another TE member work side by side, so we share the same ip adress; do we have a problem? (never had for 4 years )
Some times, when we are in doubt, we can disable a member but keep his fully account till he can explain...

I checked your IP and computer and could not find another account/computer coupled with it...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM
TE Expert

Cool

So basically you say that swiatopelk777, mikolaj_kawa and OlaKwiatek are the same person?
That is quite a shock for me because OlaKwiatek seemed to upload photos from a very specific region in Poland, quite different from Mikolaj Kawa who lives in Warsaw. Swiatopelk was indeed from Warsaw as well but has a very different and distinct gallery. So it would indicate a schizophrenia, wouldn't it?
Unfortunately I did not meet these people in person so I cannot verify their existence. I do remember discussions with them and their photos on TE.

Do JanD and BeBeHooker belong to the group of Mikolaj identities as well according to your observations?

By the way as funny as it sounds, is this type of schizophrenia a crime on TE?
I mean if somebody has some time and wants to create several distinct galleries, what is actually wrong about it, as long as they are all in line with TE rules, and all contribute very much to the site?

BTW
You disabled mikolaj_kawa on TE.
I think Mikolaj_Cava was on TL.
Closed Thread