Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2022-02-01 9:07

Hello Mariusz,
You spent a lot of time in the Pena Palace but it is surely worth it.
I mentioned the Moorish Castle but what I found so special about it were the walls which have a total length of 450 metres and on a certain part it looks a bit like a miniature version of the Great Wall in China.
Perhaps my comparison is a bit exaggerated, but walking on these walls is really spectacular. Just take a look at the pictures of Castelo dos Mouros Sintra on Google.
If you have taken many photos in the Pena Palace, you may be able to spot the Moorish Castle in one of your photos taken on a more elevated spot.
The combination of different vivid colours makes the Pena Palace very attractive for many people and especially for everyone who likes the fairytale views.
I think you were there before your daughter was born. You can tell her that there exists also a Disneyland Portugal :)
As this photo shows, visitors can go to many spots in the palace to enjoy unexpected views and take new photos again and again.
Best regards, Paul

Old 02-01-2022, 04:37 PM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: Moorish Fortress

Hi Paul,
I do remember seeing that wall from the Pena Palace. WE consider walking it but after Pena Palace we wanted to drive to Azenhas do Mar and I think on the same day in the evening we were meeting Aires Santos for a blue hour session. I remember also the other palace closer to Sintra town centre which had also some stunning architecture but we have just seen it from a distance,
M
Old 02-01-2022, 05:21 PM
TE Expert

Hi Mariusz,

I also visited the Palace of Sintra in the centre of town.
But I've never been to Azenhas do Mar ... so we are all missing something interesting somewhere.

Kind regards,
Paul