Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2022-02-01 1:04

Hello Benny, Thank you for the dedication! Interesting view of this piece of Chinese calligraphy. It is a real art.
I have found in YT interesting lessons of hanzi - Chinese characters. I haven't realized that there are building blocks and complex ones made from them. It is such fun to recognize it. I hope that I will learn now more efficiently. But the problem is to maintain something that has been already learned. when not practised systematically, it is easily forgotten. I am fascinated not only by Chinese but also by Arabic. Last time in Egypt, I tried to practice reading the signs, but I will probably forget it again soon.

The countries names in Chinese are so strange - Beautiful country (America), Fa country France, D country Germany.

Regards from 波兰

Malgo

Old 02-01-2022, 10:49 AM
TE Expert

Smile To emka: more fun with characters

The fun doesn't stop. The "de" from "Deguo" (Germany) means "virtue".
My country translates as "compare" + "advantage" + "time", which doesn't make much sense but it vaguely sounds a bit like Belgium and it has a nice and positive ring to it, doesn't it?

Happy year of the tiger!

B.