Forums


Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-17-2008, 11:35 AM
ThomasL's Avatar
ThomasL ThomasL is offline
TE Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 154
Default Shooting in RAW

Hi, I'm just wondering how many of you always shoot in RAW format?
And if so, which software do you use?

Thanks and have a nice weekend,
ThomasL
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Didi's Avatar
Didi Didi is offline
TE Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: France Orléans
Posts: 12,254
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

Hi
I use Digital Photo Professional delivered with my Canon 30 D pack; most of my picture are in RAW.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Bruno40's Avatar
Bruno40 Bruno40 is offline
TE Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 909
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

Hi Thomas
Since I joined TE, ALL of my pictures are taken in RAW.
I use Digital Photo Professional delivered with my Canon 400D, and/or Lightroom.
cheers
Jorge
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2008, 12:03 PM
delkoo's Avatar
delkoo delkoo is offline
TE Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 713
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

as DIDI i shot in RAW and I use digital photo pro .

didier
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2008, 12:36 PM
rgarrigus's Avatar
rgarrigus rgarrigus is offline
TE Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 261
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

Hi Thomas,

For 90% of my photos and especially the type images I post to TE I use RAW capture. For the other 10% I'm out chasing children on holiday and use old reliable JPEG.

For post processing of RAW I mostly use Canon's Digital Photo Pro (DPP). I have used Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) in the past but I find DPP results better to my eye. For HDR I use RAW images and Photomatix Pro.

Cheers!

Bob G.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 PM
ThomasL's Avatar
ThomasL ThomasL is offline
TE Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 154
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

Thanks for all your replies so far! I havn't a lot of experience with RAW, as I just bought my first dSLR camera. So I'm just discovering 'the world of RAW' :D
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Bruno40's Avatar
Bruno40 Bruno40 is offline
TE Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 909
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

"memory is cheap, memories are priceless" ... shoot in RAW! :-)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2008, 03:32 PM
AdrianW's Avatar
AdrianW AdrianW is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

Yes, I always use RAW. I usually convert using Canon DPP, which incidentally has sprouted a lot more features lately. In case anyone's missed it v3.4.n now has more organisational options, and improved noise reduction, in addition to the lens correction functions that sprouted in v3. Well worth a download if you're a Canon user IMO.

The only area where DPP is still a bit weak is highlight recovery, Adobe Camera-RAW is better, but I think Silkypix does the best job of recovering colours in the highlights as well.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Floydian's Avatar
Floydian Floydian is offline
TE Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 972
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

"memory is cheap, memories are priceless" ... shoot in RAW! :-)

That's my text ;-)))))))

Adobe Lightroom for organising and converting all my RAW files. In some cases DPP can produce a better result on lens distortion. The lastest version (3.41) has included a lot of lenses where you can correct with a single click.
But i am a dedicated Adobe user, maybe therefor my choice of Lightroom...

Good luck,

Henk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2008, 08:02 PM
belido's Avatar
belido belido is offline
TE Expert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,084
Default Re: Shooting in RAW

raw is the law! :))
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 AM.



Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.
explore TREKEARTH