Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pabau 2009-02-18 12:58

Bonjour Jérome
La superposition de peintures délavées, l'angle de l'escalier, la fenêtre intérieure, ...
Tout cela donne une vue lumineuse, abîmée, à la fois limpide et porteuse potentielle d'une intrigue romanesque.
Pascal

Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To BlueRaven: Fallen Leaf workshop

Hello Claudia,
Yes indeed your improvements make the image better, especially the color modification.
What steps were required on the color improvement?

Also note this was a slide film image, converted digitally by my old (retired) film scanner.
Hopefully, I am also learning more about color balance settings on my Sigma D14 camera, which is my weapon of choice.

Thanks for helping,
Ray
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To BlueRaven: Fallen Leaf workshop

Hi Ray,

I used Microsoft Photo Editor to decrease the red in the shot and added some contrast and lightness. Quite simple actually. I'll send you a screenshot that shows how it works - unfortunately my Photo Editor is in German but you'll get the idea. If you have this software, just give it a try and play around a bit and I'm sure you'll get a "feeling" for it quickly.
About scanning - I know it's often hard to get good quality out of that. If you look at my older shots here on TE before I started shooting digital, you'll notice that the quality is much lower. The pictures are often grainy and a bit blurry. It took me a while to switch to digital but I'm sure glad I finally did it!

See you around,
Claudia