To holmertz: Lady with an ermine. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-07-27 4:52

Hello Kasia,
The question asked in the title wasn't really so difficult...;-)But are these ruins really some kind of Las Vegas deliberate copy of a Greek temple, or a genuine Japanese ruin that happens to look Greek when you see the silhouettes at sunset? Never mind, the columns look great in this light and the persons complement the view perfectly. The WS are nice too, although #1 looks a bit blue. But are you supposed to use a soap and shampoo in a common for all onsen?
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 07-27-2019, 12:19 PM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Lady with an ermine.

Hi Gert, I agree with you. But there are here series of photos with even less contribution , I mean without any effort to give at least a note .
Was Lady with an Ermine in Wawel? Now it is in Natiopnal Museum in Krakow. I looked at Wikipedia and I read there: The Lady with an Ermine was donated on 29 of December 2016 to the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage by Prince Adam Karol Czartoryski, the last direct descendant of Izabela Czartoryska Flemming and Adam Jerzy Czartoryski, who brought the painting to Poland from Italy in 1798. In fact, Prince Czartoryski got 100 mln euro for the collection, although it was on permanent display and could not be taken away from Poland. have you a nice weekend

MAlgo
Old 07-27-2019, 12:42 PM
TE Expert

It may have been only temporarily on loan from the museum. But I definitely saw it in a separate building at Wawel, very discreetly several flights upstairs and then at the end of a corridor and around a corner. Hundreds of people were probably waiting in a queue to see President Kaczynski's tomb, so I was alone to care more for Leonardo.
Gert