To emka: Old Cars....... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Bergenphotos 2011-08-12 5:02

Hi again.

Ok, I ended up looking through your whole gallery. You got nice pictures all over there. I also read that we actually got something in common. We're students! I had physics and mathematics at high school. Anyway, the transamerica is a nice building and of course the jewel of SF architecture. I think you've been smart here to make it in these colors. It makes it stand a bit out from other pictures I've seen and it's also very nice. TFS.

Have a great day,
Fredrik

Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: Old Cars.......

Hi Malgo,

I didn't realise that you had a passion for old cars too! Or at least your son does.

Yes, I did take the old car into the show. And we went on the "run" with the other cars for about 25 miles (about 40 Km) in the morning before the show started. Unfortunately, this chap's very old car broke down but he managed to get it going again!

I've actually put some pictures of my car on TE and TL in the past - have a look at some of these: This one was taken in March of this year not far from our home, this was taken three years ago near Tweedsmuir and so was this and this one.

I did think about bringing her down to Keswick but she's not really too happy on fast motorways. Top speed is about 50 m.p.h. (about 80 k.p.h.) and I don't like to "push" her too hard because she is 76 years old - she was "born" in June, 1935!

Kindest Regards,

John.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:27 AM
TE Expert

Hi, I wouldn't call it a passion - You have passion when you own and drive an old car. I was just interested and I like them very much. I had no accasion to go by one. My son Karol was then ten years old, I bought him some books (it was before internet) and some Matchboxes - they were very popular that time. Then he told me many stories about famous car or races.
Your Austin is marvelous, I understand it was better not to go by it but a pity all the same. I would admire you in it, even with your belly . Interesting you call your car SHE. In Polish a car is masculine, but specific one can be in all genders.
The photos from TL are so beautiful! Hope to see some more, maybe in WS.
Good night M.

I love yout discussion with Romana and martin, they are so amusing

http://beta.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=5&p=1236397
http://beta.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=5&p=1236145