Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Edit critique time limit

Once again I've been locked out of amending a critique by the fifteen (15) minute time limit. In this case it was only a simple typing error but in context it is very embarrassing, now I'm stuck with it. I can understand the original idea of placing a time limit on editing critiques but I think fifteen minutes is just too short. As we all know time slips past very quickly here on TE and one can lose track very quickly.
My question is, are there other members who think it would be worthwhile making a representation to the administrators to extend the editing critique time limit to say, one hour. Even an extension to half an hour would help.
Any thoughts???
Cheers
Peter
Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
TE Expert

Default Solution

I think it's possible to unlock the critic and locking only the points after giving points.
In Fotopedia you can vote for a picture by giving one point "+" or one point "-", after your vote it's impossible to change .
cheers
Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by phwall View Post
My question is, are there other members who think it would be worthwhile making a representation to the administrators to extend the editing critique time limit to say, one hour. Even an extension to half an hour would help.
Any thoughts???
Peter. I have faced the same problem and I second your proposal. In addition to my very frequent typing errors, I once a while remember some time after saving the critique a thought, which I was intending to add, but forgot it
while writing the critique. Fifteen minutes seem to be short. I think it is just the same for the system, if the time is 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
Regards,
Lasse
Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 AM
TE Expert

I totally agree with Didi, and mentioned that option to one of the administrators once: Being able to edit your critique at any time, without being able to edit the point attribution! Sometimes it's the day after,you realise you have said something wrong, or made a mistake (in spelling or whatever). It proves you care about what you write, and not just say anything for the sake of giving as many critiques as possible!

If that wasn't possible, to increase the time limit to one hour certainly wouldn't be too much; well anything over 15 mins would be better!

Last edited by maloutim; 02-05-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
TE Senior Member

Default just lock the smiles

Hi everyone. I totally agree. I have already said this some months ago in another topic but nobody cared. It would be nice to edit the critiques at any time. Just lock the smiles and open the critiques box with no limit of time
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
TE Expert

Thumbs up more minutes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloutim View Post
anything over 15 mins would be better!
Yes, please.
L'horloge astronomique de Prague
Old 02-02-2010, 03:36 PM

I agree that 15 minutes is very short and maybe should be up to an hour, or until the next critique or response in a forum thread, is posted whichever is the shorter.
If you do realise that you have made an error after the lock has been set you can try e-mailing the mods as they might be able to correct if for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht View Post
I agree that 15 minutes is very short
If a Super Moderator agrees with the suggestion, I guess that there's hope that now the technicians will fix this.
Warm greetings from winter in Portugal.
Photo today in Amora, Southern Portugal.

Last edited by xuaxo; 02-02-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 PM

You shouldn't read too much into labels associated with names. I try to help a little behind the scenes and somebody with a sense of humour has been playing with the system.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM
TE Expert

Default Mods correcting our mistakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht View Post
I agree that 15 minutes is very short and maybe should be up to an hour, or until the next critique or response in a forum thread, is posted whichever is the shorter.
If you do realise that you have made an error after the lock has been set you can try e-mailing the mods as they might be able to correct if for you.
I think they must have enough on their plates without having to correct everybody's mistakes!! Why couldn't we do it ourselves?