Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Clairedelune 2007-09-02 9:49

Hello Cessy!
I hope you are going well!
Lovely afternoon indeed! I've heard that France had not too much sun this summer. Not that day! Strong light with the dark shadow of the building (?) are not an easy thing to manage with our digital cameras. But you did it well, I think. I like how you click just at the right moment, this white lady leaving the dark shadows for the strong light of the sun. I like her shadows on the ground as well.
Personally, I would crop a big part of the left side, right where the old building in the back starts. Some would say that it is not "good" to have your subject heading so close to the frame, but for me here, I would not mind. The left section is not very interesting and your subject is a bit lost in the middle of the frame. My opinion only though...
I love these old walls and the stony pavements... So rare in my own country!
Claire

Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Clairedelune: 50 - 50

Hallo Claire

thanks always, I always appreciate your comments :)
yes it might be good to crop the left side.
but I dunno, I kind of like this 50-50 (50% shadow part, 50% bright part), and the bicycle gives an accent - but still a balance composition -- at least for me :D

have a nice day,
cessy