Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-05-29 10:57

Hello Gert,
I find these houses painted in red very beautiful.
Also very charming and picturesque. The steep cobbled road and the quiet green surroundings add to that picturesque feeling.
It gives life in a big city or at least not too far from the center of a big city a very pleasant dimension.
Too bad the birdhouse is not a miniature house in red and white :)
Earlier you explained us the origin of the Falu red colour.
Is the fact that this colour was so often used to paint houses typical of Stockholm? I seem to remember seeing a lot of red buildings in the open-air museum of Skansen. So in smaller places that beautiful colour was also used to paint the buildings.
But what about other major Swedish cities? For example, do Göteborg and Malmö also have such beautiful older districts?
(I almost wrote red districts but that would lead to misunderstandings)
PS: The Swedish word 'lots' sounds quite similar to 'loods' in Dutch (word with the same meaning).
Best regards, Paul

Old 06-01-2021, 05:40 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Thank you very much

Hello Gert

Thanks for your visite and notification

Please look to a new tab.

This afternoon I was with my bike when I saw the horse and foal.
This foal was born two days ago.
I love animals in general, grew up with them on my parents' farm

My photo, Mother and according to the owner a daughter (foal)

A foal needs rest more often and for longer
A young of a horse that is less than a year old is called a foal. With relatives such as donkeys and zebras, the young are also called foal and for other young animals the designation is also used. For example, the young of a camel are sometimes called a foal, although calf is more common.

Female and male foals look alike; the differences come as the foal gets older. The sex of a new-born foal can be determined by looking under the tail: the construction of the female genitals is already visible.
The foal is usually born at night after a gestation period of 11 months. Foals can stand up immediately after birth. Because the young animal's motor skills are not yet fully developed, it will be a bit shaky at first, but the foal will immediately start looking for its mother's udder. The first milk is also called colostrum and contains many antibodies that the vulnerable foal can use.

I hope you like it.