Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-21-2007, 05:49 PM
TE Expert

Default D.A. Harvey's "summer school"

Kind of.... David Alan is encouraging people to get up and go this summer, and work on a series of your choice that you will send to him by summer's end. Unlike what my title says, it is not about receiving pedagogical advice or advice from him (though it wouldn't hurt if he did!), but about getting creative juices up and challenging yourself. His blog is very much think tank, nothing of the mandarin about him, just off the bat, Maciej, Jinju, Francis, and others, read off if you haven't done so. he brings out the project (july 18th) in a much better way than I can sum it up:

http://davidalanharvey.typepad.com/
Old 07-23-2007, 03:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: D.A. Harvey's "summer school"

Im fully aware of the idea:) His blog is one of my regular places to read and write on, and this is a great idea. Basically as you say, shoot whatever story, series, project you want and if its good he will get it published. Im already thinking about what to do, my TKD series is one I put a lot of effort into, so thats one idea, there are also other ideas too in my head.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 AM
TE Expert

Herve, I regularly visit our friend DAH's blog, ever since I insulted him in this forum and then abjectly apologized to the man and became "friends" in a manner of speaking. He is a very generous fellow who has helped generations of photogs. The idea sounds great. Now if only someone would teach me what "good composition" is, I might be ready to start, he he... Know anyone for the job?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 AM
TE Expert

Aie, HCB va se retourner sans sa tombe:

"anything worth knowing cannot be taught".

Moi qui n' accroche pas tout ce qu' il a dit, la, il nous met au pied du mur. Soldat Furachan, plus de jeremiades, a votre camera: han deux, han deux......

:-))))
Old 07-27-2007, 04:17 PM
TE Expert

Hi Rafal

D. A. being soon in your neck of the wood, I hope you will be able to offer him the beer buddieship he misses while on assignements!

Not asking you of course, but what is wrong with SF? I never see much happening around here, none of these guys coming around, workshop, or whatever. I don't blame them though, it's so artsy-fartsy what people have been doing here for decades.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:26 PM
TE Expert

No idea whats wrong with SF...never been there:) This is the 2nd time DAH has come to Seoul, though the first time I will meet him.