Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-02-2006, 11:23 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Women Warriors

Here is another photostory put out by Zuma Press... it is about female students at West Point. A good story which I think covers a lot of aspects. For individual photos, I say #13 is awefully great.

http://www.zreportage.com/WEST_POINT/index.shtml
Old 08-03-2006, 03:46 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Women Warriors

#13, swimming pool? awfully great? confused here... I am sorry, To me this kind of reportage is way too much outside looking in, absolutely no insight. There is not one shot of a personal nature about these kids intent on testing themsleves to become the top of the crop. No emotion, no humour, no expression (OK, a strenuous grin blur at the gym) has been caught. It's not bad, just not very strong or even personal work. Thanks again, I see now the page with the other subjects, I will look into it.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:50 AM
TE Senior Member

For a stand alone shot, I think it 13 is great.... although, i would like it better without the hand on the left. i think I like it mostly for it's originality. Does it speak to the story, no... but in a story with 27 images, they can't all , otherwise you are just repeating yourself, which it already does (3 pull-up shots ect).

One flaw I see, is that the book end shots of the same woman saluting is clearly done at the same time (same fresh scratches on her arm)... but I think it is suppose to have the effect of elapsed time, but I understand why one would start with that image... although it really begins with #2.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
TE Expert

Thanks, Nara, for this superb link.
I was browsing through the photographers´ names, and found inspiring stuff.
(Away for a while again :( )
Have a great day!