Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Zucca 2012-09-12 9:02

Bonsoir Matthieu,

Avec un peu de retard, je te souhaite la bienvenue sur le site ! J'aime bien le format de la photo, qui met en valeur le dégradé des couleurs dans le ciel, et le premier plan bucolique. Merci pour le partage et bravo pour ta galerie !

Bonne soirée,

Sylvain

Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To mjw364: Cropping

You know, I messed with a bunch of crops, and nothing could retain all the elements I wanted. To keep him, you have to keep the boys at the bottom right; cropping it any more from the bottom, you cut them in half, which wouldn't look good either. You could cut a square where his far right side is out of frame and her head and shoulders are there, but then you miss her perfect pose and you miss some of the displays behind him. Alas, I'm going to have to live with the photo I wanted existing only in my head... a feeling we're all familiar with, no doubt.

Thanks for the workshop, by the way - I like the tight focus on the three central figures there.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile Yes

Hi Andrew

I agree, I think every one of us feel's that way about every single shot we take. I guess the art and skill of photography is, in part, using a limited piece of technology to recreate our individual perceptions and imaginations as we see things in our heads. Attempting to master that whole process leaves us sometimes feeling very frustrated!

As T.S Eliot said in The Wasteland, "between the conception and the act falls the shadow". Or the abyss sometimes!!!

Take care... I'm away for a while.

Mike