Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great j_wyatt 2005-07-10 13:40

Wow, amazing architechture. It is nice to see the crane too since they are obviously working to restore and repair this beautiful building.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default To j_wyatt: sagrada familia

Thank you for your message. Work which is currently made TO FINISH and not to restore Sagrada Família respects the projects of Gaudí more or less. The delivery is planned for 2020 or 2023, which will make one century and half of construction, like Our-Lady of Paris, works collective, for which, there too, the companions worked without preestablished plans. The Temple is already registered with the world inheritance of UNESCO. Moreover, data processing will make it possible to better interpret the large models worked out by Gaudi, with a software of architectural design.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:20 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Ah, I didn't realize it was

still under construction. It makes sense though since a building like this must take more than an hundred years to complete. When I was visiting Florence Italy last November I saw so many buildings with scafolding because they were being restored & repaired. So I assumed the same was the case with this building. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Maybe some day I will be able to visit.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:49 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Ah, I didn't realize it was

I hope for that you will have the occasion to visit Barcelona, it is a splendid city and Gaudi left its trace everywhere:) especially visit the sagrada familia Before BEFORE it does not start to grow dark because it is not lit and arrived at the top we are gone down again healthy and except thanks to the light of the screen of my portable telephone! One was all very afraid because the staircases are high and the very narrow corridor... :)
Old 07-11-2005, 01:03 AM
TE Junior Member

Default I hope so too, and if I am able to go I

will be sure to visit the sagrada familia before dark so I don't fall down the stairs!