To Royaldevon: re - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2020-02-10 2:00

Hi Will
I really like the facades of gothic cathedrals, because of the wealth of detail to look at. It's nice to see a photo really taken as b&w, not a digital one converted later (I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference though - but you probably would). Well managed contrast and great crop. Just enough converging verticals to make it look natural but not too distorted.
The 90s fell in the middle of the UK's membership in the EU. Do you really think the withdrawal may bring damaging results? Should I be packing to head for pastures new? ;-)
Have a nice week (mine starts tomorrow; this is the second long weekend of my semi-retirement but also the last one until end of March as I'll be travelling again).
Best wishes
Kasia
Ps. You are right that I don't mind criticism, in fact I want to know what people really think about my photos. That's, I believe, what this site used to be for, originally. I like your version, I do think mine is tad too light. The lack of contrast reflects the conditions when I was taking the photo (the last rays of sunset lingering on the distant mountains as you may have noticed) but that's why we have the tools to improve the images if we want to share them with people who weren't there at the time. I will definitely use your advice before uploading it to Alamy. :-)

Old 02-11-2020, 08:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: re

Dear Beverley,

I have to agree with you that for the child it was most probably a space ship ready to be launched to the Moon or further!

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Best Wishes,
Gy.