Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cam 2007-11-10 10:09

Hi Cessy
Lovely and you are making me jealous.
I have tried IR, but he PP work involved is beyong me, as I seems not to have the experience to arrive at a desired result.
What is your routine for this.
The mood is romantic and the composition radiant.
Question again.The horse is sharp, and the exposition for an IR is long, you were lucky he did not move at all.
Have a good WE
Charles

Old 11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cam: IR

Hallo Charles,

the shutter speed is 1/250s, hence it is not impossible for me that he did not move .. :)

I have a friend made my camera modified into IR camera, removing the hot mirror and replace with IR filter. so it can not be used as normal camera again.
it was a second hand camera, bought cheap in ebay :)
so the way I shoot is no different like using normal camera, can do handheld etc
unlike before, with normal canon, I need to stand still (using tripod) with at least 15s for an infrared picture.

there are many different way of modifying this camera. My friend learned and getting better and better and the result is different - depending which spectrum of light he wants to let in. for this version only limited colors, almost monochrom come in, to convert to BW is not difficult.

whereas if you see <a href=http://www.trekearth.com/workshops/478098/photo75460.htm>this picture </a>, different camera, different version, that let different spectrum of light come in.

cheers,
cessy
Old 11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To cam: IR

Well, that explains everything.
An IR camera as fast as a normal camera!
I have been looking at' i Think that it is Olympus, they have a made for IR camera, but did not look far into it.
Thanks for your answer.
Charles