Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Ego boost?

Indeed,

TE shouldn't be a place where people try to pull others down, where people run off insulted, where fights have to prove their rightness, where gods are created looking down on the plebs .... (digging always in a garbage can, you end up as garbage :))

TE should be a place where you like to be for all the help you get by good comments and WS showing the way to enjoy photography even more ... participation free !

I think if all gave full attention to those who subscibe the second idea, we gone have here a mass of top-photographers very soon ! Everybody likes to enjoy photography here, isn't it Shelly ?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 AM

> "And why should people want to go to pbase? ok ok it looks like an personal homepage with galleries and so on ... but it's paid and it's ranked after trek in ALEXA."

OK, I was trying to be polite, pbase was just another site that sprang to mind. My uncensored suggestion was simply that they simply went elsewhere, I don't really care where ;) TE was started as a critiquing site, and I don't feel they're in keeping with the spirit of the site at all.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:22 AM
TE Junior Member

No obligation, but in the guidelines it does say...

"While there is no requirement that you do so, members are encouraged to provide roughly as many critiques as they receive. One way of accomplishing this is to look at the posts of those members who have provided feedback to you and consider returning the favor. "

I think to ignore the guidelines is showing a degree of disrespect to the person who wrote them.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
TE Expert

Hi Richard,

I think i never disrespected anyone in this place, and i will not start now.

Guidelines are (as the name say so) ... guidelines ... not rules. I can understand the guideline but than it's up to me to follow it or not... i don't totally agree with this one and so i don't follow it completely.

However (and above all of us) there's a man (that i really respect) that has the power to cleary make me follow the guidelines in a strick way if he thinks i'm disrespecting him, the site or the community.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Mario - many apologies, that 'respect' comment wasn't directed at you, it was a general observation...sorry if it was taken any other way.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Ben,

>>My point was that it's a shame that these highly skilled photographers don't share the benefits of their experience.