Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2021-06-06 5:46

It's a feature of the Instagram generation to desire the same kind of photos as the ones that have already been posted online. A bit silly.
At least there are not many tourists now (apart from a crazy Polish woman occasionally living in a rental car) but it's said to see the shops closed and taped off.
Good to see you made the most of this rare opportunity to capture the guards away from their normal environment. I like the light and the colour palette of the image and also your perfect timing to capture the movement while "freezing" it at the same time.
Have a nice Sunday afternoon.
Kasia

Old 06-06-2021, 01:17 PM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: not closed

Thank you Kasia for today's comments.

I don't think these shops were actually closed. They had been taped off to keep people away from some newly painted details on the façades. There were signs in the windows warning of wet paint.

Nothing, or very little, has been forcibly closed in Sweden during the pandemic, but some businesses may have been voluntarily closed for lack of customers. There are many restrictions, sometimes confusing, and strict recommendations (like orders, but not legally binding) of what to do or don't, but never any lockdowns, like in the US and many other countries. There have never been any eerily empty streets or squares in the major cities.

As it turned out, Sweden has been hit much worse than Finland, Norway or Denmark, but much less than the UK, Poland, Hungary or many other countries.

Have a nice new week,
Gert