Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Wandering_Dan: Mill Creek Cascade

Hello Dan -

Did you get snow at your elevation? I read in the Chronicle, this AM, that Mt. Diablo had snow as did some of the lower elevations in CoCo County. We had a very heavy frost this morning over our way and I needed to get my Colorado scrapper out of the garage before heading out for the morning paper. The clouds are forming and moving in again, maybe showers this afternoon.

Thanks for your comments. I took a look at the two images side by side and they look about the same on my monitor. The one place I did see some difference is in the small cascade in the lower left corner - my image has some bottom detail and yours is a little blocked up. Also. your adjustments seem to have given the main fall a slight green tint. Now, with that said I am not so sure you are wrong or I am right. I have not profiled my CRT (you use a LCD if I recall) for a long time - actually the list time I did it was late 2007 so mine could really be off. I moved the comparison window over to my LCD (2nd monitor) and I still see very little difference. Thanks for your comments it has made me think about profiling the monitor and even the printer. I printed our Christmas letter yesterday and the photos in the letter had a color cast to them. Not enough to reject the letter and move the print job to Joanne's printer but enough from me to notice that the laser is not reproducing the colors faithfully.

Anyway, stay warm and enjoy the holiday season.

John
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Wandering_Dan: Mill Creek Cascade

Hi, JOhn -

Does the snow make feel like you're back in Colorado? ;-)

We did not get snow in the City, even though I read that in the East Bay the snow level got down to 250' - which is really low for anywhere in the Bay Area! There was a brief spurt of hail/sleet around 1PM - but only downtown; we didn't get any out in our neighborhood. In general, the climate in SF is too moderate to be cold enough for snow - though with a high yesterday of 43 F it was more than cold enough for us, when we're not used to it. (Or maybe that was the low. Doesn't matter; it still felt co-o-o-o-o-ld, especially with the wet wind off the ocean.)

As for my WS, as I said, it's a subtle difference, and noticeable on my monitor. I should have noticed and corrected the lower left, true.

Happy holidays!
Dan

PS: When do you go back to Paris? If you're serious, I can hook you up with Jean's ex, who rents out the apartment we stayed in last time. It's very near the Forum des Halles and lots of other good places.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Wandering_Dan: Mill Creek Cascade

Thanks Dan, I will keep that in mind.

John