Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2011-02-23 9:21

Hi Paul
its always fun to see photos taken from another photographer at locations you've been to yourself.
almost everyone who's been to vegas has one of these in their personal galleries.
I know i have mentioned it before, but i've been to vegas about 8 times, and trust me....what you have here is a lucky shot - not very often do you see 2 gondola's close together like this.
having the 2 boats on 2 different angles creates a unique visual, 2 points of opposite direction.
As for the lighting, its bright despite being indoors, with lots of illumination in the yellow tones created by the storefronts.
lovely shot here, very well done
have a great day
Craig

Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Hello Craig

Thank you for your kind comments on the posting. I have to say I did see many gondolas passing each other inside the Venetian. Perhaps because the waterways were closed on the outside. Though my natural tendencies are to prefer natural lighting this was quite the challenge for the most part in the dark. Not to mention my worst sin by not taking my tripod with me because I was too lazy...used high ISO's instead.
I went through your Vegas photos in your gallery and conclude you did very well with your outdoor shots. I especially like your timing for the Bellagio waterfall posting capturing the details of water. Enjoying time photographing outside in LV was difficult because of the cold temperatures and no one in my family group was interested in walking out at night in the freezing temps. At any rate I did get the chance to capture a few traditional time exposures. The whole place abounds with exceptional opportunities. Thanks for stopping by Craig. Have a great day yourself too.

Regards

Paul