Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2011-02-14 8:42

Paul!!!
you went to Vegas!!!
was this your first time there?
when we get together we'll have to talk about it!
Yes the Venetian is one of the better hotels on the strip, lots of photo opps, but also hard to compose due its size and grandeure.
lovely light and shadow combination here, also, with the angle too. beautiful architectural details.
hope to see more!!
cheers
craig

Old 02-14-2011, 11:17 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Hello Craig

Yes I did the Vegas trip finally. Spent only 4 days down there, took my parents with me and my wife, stayed in the Rio on Flamingo drive, just around the corner from the Bellagio. There is absolutely too much to see in such a short tiime, and my dad wanted to see the Hoover dam, and drive into Arizona to get a feel of the desert too. So not a whole lot of time to simply walk up and down the strip, although I admit to seeing quite a bit of the main drag...that in the future I will become much more selective in what I want to check out and see. More photos posted can be seen on my other site. Take a look when you have a chance and let me know your thoughts.

www.paulennsphotos.com/USAPlaces

Thanks for stopping by. Cheers

Paul
Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 AM
TE Expert

Default Vegas

Hey Paul
yeah, i looked at your series of photos.
not bad! alot of indoor shots, i was expecting more outdoors, but thats ok, nothing wrong with that!
i really like your shot of the Excallibur from the outside.
also, the shots outside of the Belaggio, using the lighting and the designs of the hotel where the Valets are parked.
there was also a night photo of the Eiffel tower with the Paris Hotel in the BG, liked that one alot too.
Personally, i found the Venetian the most difficult to photograph on the outside...so many areas to cover, tall points that always tilt with the camera lens, its stimulation overload in that place!
i noticed too, that you visited the famous chocolate store ! the famous chocolate fountain...i have photos of that too.
nice pics...see you around
craig