Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ravinmb 2011-10-09 22:43

Hi Karl,

This is a nice image with good POV.. good that you have kept the people.. I feel a little brightness and contrast could be managed and sharpened a bit as I have shown in WS. Hope you wouldn't mind and would like the result..

Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: No waders here.............

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you once more for your kind remarks.

I think part of the problem here is that this picture really does not convey any sense of scale. I was standing just behind a fence at the top of a very precipitous drop down to the river. The water you can see in the foreground must be 30 or 40 feet below and the waterfall probably about 150 or 200 yards away.

The river here is very, very dangerous and at least one person a year dies as a result of falling into it - though a few of those deaths are intentional. Also, at least two or three dogs die around here each year from owners letting them off their leads and letting them just scamper around. So, no, Rosemary, I shan't be getting low down and into the water, not even with waders!

One funny thing that I have often thought about: when we, with our cameras, approach a flat bit of water such as a lake, the first thing we do is to crouch down to achieve a lower viewpoint. But in so doing we thereby reduce the actual area of water which we can see. Perhaps we should sometimes be thinking of a higher viewpoint? Just a thought.

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I've had a look at the Hi-Tech filters on that website (the Formatt one) - I didn't see any filter holders, just so-called "matte boxes" - is it one of those which you bought or is it a thing which looks more like the Lee filter holder?

P.P.S. Hello again - I think I've found it - here - is that the holder you bought or did you go for the wide-angle holder at the same price but without the ring at the front?

Last edited by tyro; 10-16-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
TE Expert

Default Hi-Tech

Hi John - I got the 2 slot MK4 Aluminium Wide Angle and step up rings.

Please don't jump over the edge..... it's really not worth it!

Rosemary