Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bostankorkulugu 2009-10-10 16:30

daha önce de görüp beğenmiştim... aslında pek de tilte uygun bir kare gibi durmamakla beraber o minik kuş nasıl da denge unsuru olup herşeyi toparlayıvermiş...

ghana'ya yolculuk ne zaman?

Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
TE Expert

Default To graffer: Composition analysis.....

Thank you, Peter, for your encouraging remarks once more and thank you also for your Composition Analysis workshop.

I suppose I was really looking to post another picture and so was, well, looking through the archives or perhaps the expression scraping the bottom of the barrel might be more appropriate. I had one or two other shots taken in here and, although those huge roof beams of the hangar are very distracting, nonetheless in this picture they do at least appear separate from the aircraft: in other shots it was quite difficult to tell what structures were part of the 'plane and which were parts of the building, particularly in those pictures taken directly from behind the aircraft.

Actually, I did just "lay on" that little 3 x 3 grid in Photoshop Elements 6 whilst cropping the image, making one "power point" pass through the right-hand engines and thought it looked all right. I hadn't quite appreciated all the other points which you make in your workshop.

Did you look at the link to the 360 degree panorama views which you can see inside the cockpit and the cabin of the 'plane? I thought they were quite impressive and very sharp and clear.

Actually, perhaps a bit off-beam, but on the suject of panoramas, have you noticed that there is also the facility here to post vertical panoramas? I have seen one or two like <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo701903.htm">this</A>. I did, actually, try for this in that cave in Crete, taking four or five pictures in vertical succession of a vertical rock formation but the result wasn't that great. I might have a look at it again. Just a point which might interest you.

Sorry to "blether" on for so long. Day off today after a weekend on-call, you see!

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To graffer: Composition analysis.....

I always enjoy your blether, John!

They have an early Concorde number 02, at Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm station not far from here, she was a flying test bed and never went into service. I have no photographs of her, but did post some pictures of early WW1 planes they have there too.

Yes, I did look at those panoramas - they are fantastic, especially in the way they go right over your head.

Vertical panoramas: I've never tried one, but theoretically they should be just as easy, [or hard!], as the horizontal ones. I must have a think about it.

Enjoy your day off – in my time we never had a day off at all after a w/e on duty! If the sun is shining on you as it is here, I expect you are out with your camera.

Kind regards,

Peter.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
TE Expert

Default Photography or housework...?

Hello, Peter.

Well, yes, we never used to have days off either but now, what with the European Working Time Directive, this is what we have now. Quite appreciated by an old buffer like myself who now finds that being called and having to get up and work in the middle of the night is not so easy as it was thirty years ago. I'm thinking of planning for retirement about the end of March and it really couldn't come too soon.

So far today I've not been up to much apart from browsing the internet, checking emails and doing some on-line committee work for the hospital. As well, of course, as writing a critique for your latest and excellent photograph.

In fact, your latest picture had put me in mind of trying one of these inverted reflection shots myself, particularly as it is very still here today and Lanark Loch is only a five-minute drive away. But, unfortunately, we recently have come to the conclusion (after some lights would turn on but would not turn off because of a short-circuit!) that this old house is desperately in need of rewiring. Some chaps are coming in a couple of weeks to do the job and that's going to require an awful lot of clearing, tidying (I'm not the tidiest person on the planet) and moving of years of accumulated stuff to allow them ease of access. But perhaps I might just squeeze in an hour or two to roam about with my camera! Procrastination is another of my qualities!

Kind Regards,

John.