Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great valentinos 2008-12-01 10:55

the photo is not one of your strongest, allow me to say that. it is an alldays photo - compared to the majority of other photos still interesting. a pity that your sky was burned out. i tried to give your photo a bit more realistic view with the sky, see my workshop. i hope you do not mind making me this workshop, as you are a great photographer and does not need lessons from me. with my best wishes, valentinos

Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To windosil: Thanks

Helpful critique as ever Winifred.

I tried cropping & dulling the white patch, but both reduced the impact for me, and took out other details which I felt added to the knowledge about what was happening - you have spurred me on to post a photo of the new pipes, which I meant to do.

Alastair
Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To windosil: Thanks - perspective

Thanks, Alastair.
I'm coming more and more to realise the importance of scale in looking at photos. As a few people have known for centuries, the angle the picture subtends at the eye, as well as the colours/lines surrounding it, have an enormous effect on the perception of perspective. I find the thumbnail on this page at arm's length very appealing indeed!
Winifred