Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >


Thread Tools

Great Royaldevon 2020-10-21 5:20

Hello Benny,

This is a good follow-on from your previous photograph. The houses are colourful and characterful.
I remember John showing this stepped-like style on gables, seen on houses in Bruges. He did tell me the name for it but ... just cannot recall!

It's a fine exposure, showing crisp details.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 10-21-2020, 03:34 PM
BennyV's Avatar
BennyV BennyV is offline
TE Expert
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,630
Post To Royaldevon: stepped gables

Hello Bev

I think they're called stepped gables in English. They are quite common on old or old-style houses over here.
The word "gable" is interesting 'cause it seems to be derived from the Dutch/Flemish word "gevel".

Cheers from Antwerp, not from a stepped gabled house, though

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.