Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2021-06-16 2:20

Hi Brenda,
I suppose it is a thought provoking message, although I am not entirely sure what the author had in mind. I notice recently a lot of people in the social media being against everything. Is this the counter-culture?
I understand that mainstream is too often biased but being against everything is equally far from reality. Sometimes when I declare that I am against some Covid restrictions people assume that I am also against Covid vaccinations because they tend to simplify. Or if I say that I am pro-vaccination they think I am pro-all ridiculous restrictions as well. I think people stopped using brains and the alternative to being brain-washed by mainstream is being brain-washed by social media influencers.
M

Old 06-16-2021, 09:26 AM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: Counter culture

Hi M

There is another expression in English too. "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." Too many people want to change things just for the sake of change, and attention seeking.