Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2022-01-09 14:52

Hello Gert,
With the exception of once in the European part, I have never travelled by train in Turkey.
I remember guidebooks always insisting that the buses were faster and more comfortable. But actually I've never tried the trains.
I also don't know the region of Erzincan at all. I've only travelled there once overnight.
Otherwise this seems like a typical Turkish sight with the barren mountain slopes and the fields bordered by poplars.
Still, one that I definitely like.
Excellent perspective. But no farmer in sight. This is an extraordinary photo for you.
Best regards, Paul

Old 01-10-2022, 08:46 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: turkish trains

Thank you Paul,
I had originally written a much longer note where I described the rather unpleasant train journey (dirty, uncomfortable, very dirty, extremely slow, filthy). I mentioned that we were forced to go by train through southern Turkey near the end of the journey, but I never set foot in a Turkish train again until 2007, when I went 1st class from Istanbul to Ankara, my company paid and conditions had improved. In the meantime I travelled the entire country by bus, and a few flights when time was limited.
Have a nice week,
Gert