Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2021-01-29 0:51

Hello Malgo,
It's a charming scene with great human touch and a glimpse of daily life. The light was difficult so technically it's not one of your best photos. It's quite noisy. But what we see is more important than how it looks. On Greek islands I have often seen fishermen beating octopus to make them eatable.
I found this on the net:

"The best thing you can do is to take a rounded wooden stick (or a meat pounder) and to beat it hard, for about 10 minutes, on its the head (the area around the eyes) and on the tentacles all their way long. This operation will stretch the fibres and make the meat tender. When you beat the octopus, be reasonably hard, otherwise you get a mashed octopus! It is preferable to beat the octopus after having cleaned it."
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 01-30-2021, 06:49 AM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Thanks

Hi Gert,

Thanks for the kind words and for this description. I tried to find a similar note on the Internet, but I found only recipes on how to cook. It fits so well to the picture. .
As to the picture quality, I prefer to see and post something that I find unique and interesting than the technically perfect picture of the famous place that I can see on thousands of photos. I found it often difficult to take pictures of the black faces. The details were not visible and the photo became noisy when I tried to make them clearer.
Have a nice weekend

MAlgo