Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jacquest 2011-01-27 7:58

Bonjour Steve,

Tu as profité d'une excellente luminosité pour cette photo qui fait ressortir les détails de la structure du pont. Le brise-glace bien placé dans la photo donne un sens des proportions.

Salutations

Jacques

Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 AM
TE Expert

Talking To macjake: For Sure

For sure Craig, it'd be lovely to go back and be amongst friends. This place is wonderful. I know you like cityscapes, you won't find any, but the historica architecture and beaches are amazing.

I've created a Theme here if it explains this place better:

http://www.trekearth.com/themes.php?thid=14545

Ragusa is a Province in Sicily, but there is also a town called Ragusa aswell as the UNESCO protected historical town of Ragusa Ibla. It is where Peppe and Giorgio come from. But it is also where they film my favourite television detective series called Inspector Montalbano. Have a watch, it shows you some amazing Sicilian scenery and is also really funny.

Peppe and Giorgio knew that I loved Montalbano (and Luca Zingaretti the guy who plays him). So they gave me the full "stalkers tour": took me to his "office" in Ragusa, his "restaurant" in Ragusa Ibla where they introduced me to the owner who actually plays the waitress in the series, and then fed me with the most delicious Sicilian food, and then to his "house" at Punta Secca. You have seen this house many times before in the photos of Peppe, Ciakgiak, Mauro61 and Francio64...and also 3 by me

Montalbano's house is actually a B&B where you can stay for quite reasonable prices.

Have a good day, I'm off to see Nick Cave tonight - yeehaaa!

Lisa