Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement Polonaise 2008-10-31 14:28

Tell me dear John, where is in there, in your photo - a one tiny bit of Any kind of the excitement that would possibly justify this incredible amount of green monkies you've managed to gathered for this (IMHO) complete mediocre photo ???

God on high !!!
How boring a boring photo can actually be ???
These washed out, pale colors, incredibly simplistic ( just not to say: primitive) POV...
There is nothing more than a just a bunch of bushes of unspecified colors randomly spattered across the photo, some grass and some water...

Help me, dear friend - upon the subject.
There are hundreds of the excellent quality nature photos, posted around TE ( few of them are in your gallery as well!) and this one is as far from any blast as it is humanly possible...
My 10 years old nephew is able to produce better shots than this one ( and he doesn't have any camera - yet !).

Do you think I need to study photography subject more than I've already had ?

Is there a secret somewhere - (and, I'm unaware of its existence ) - that will help me to understand this total madness and sheer idiocy of the green points being applied for something of so lesser value as this photo is...

With all love and respect

George

Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
TE Expert

Default To Polonaise: narrow-minded

Sorry George, was the photo really that bad or not enough postprocessed as you can see in the WS ?

It is not that John prefers to target the Flemish Landscape that your posts are less boring as we can expect always your same retro-B&W of the garbage can of life ... not tolerating other subjects then yours feels narrow minded.

For sure, if you would know John personally, you would expressed yourself with a lot more elegancy or even making a WS to indicate where things went wrong cause I don't believe you mind the greenies indicating someones activity on TE and John has a very good personal reason to be that active here.

Henk
Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: narrow-minded

" Sorry George, was the photo really that bad '

Yes, it was... It is
Every pixel of it !

" even making a WS to indicate where things went wrong cause "

No WS can save a complete worthless, standardish fotka about nothing...
How bad it is ?
Even you, open minded Henk... Even you didn't post a positive critique about this zero fotka...

The world is flooded with this kind of photos of a lesser quality.
Hey... There are hundreds of millions of cameras in use at ANY given point of the day, therefore... The conclusion is clear..
Even as we speak - a gigantic amount of photos of the grass and trees are produced... Millions of them... At this very moment... With the skies and the water ?

I'd be more than happy to meet John personally... We'd have a lot of to talk about.

In the meantime - no rhetoric from ANYONE in the world will change my mind about this mediocre production.
If I have a bit of respect for myself...If there is a tiny crumb of intelligence left in my brains - this photo is not worthy any attention ( especially - if you compare it to the other John's productions !!!)

The greenies...?
Truly enough... They are NOT an indication whatsoever of the quality of the photos on TE...
You give - you get..
What a good photography has a to do with them ????
Nothing !

Have a great weekend, guys...
Enjoy the world of the virtual illusion.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:34 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: narrow-minded

Even you didn't post a positive critique about this zero fotka...

... that's no reference at all, since I stopped TE for several reasons, and one of them is the constant fight about greens
more
landscapes is not my thing, neither yours, so your motivition to be present in the critiques is or rather controvesional or motivated on green, coming only to break down the lesser is a sign of narrow behaviour, certainly not in an initial ecouraging spirit of TE, although that spirit is far gone, what rest of it, are packmans, trying to make as much carcasses in this dessert, maybe you feel happy to behave like this.

of course, in the search of the subject landscapes, which you are not fan of at all, you got always the better ones which makes one wonder what pleasure you find in jumping on the bones.

in the search of landscapes John has produced so many used as examples by others ...

indicating as well the Yin as the Yan can only confirm your credibility which you ruined now for yourself by poor insults ...

no Georgie you lost it all the way, maybe TE ain't that good anymore for you and has eaten your mind ... go out and drink a beer to wash your language .... your critique stinks, you could have said it in a more decent way with more respect, you lost it !!! I sorry you !