Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-15-2004, 07:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Default How to analyze a photo

Here is a link to a very interesting article on how to analyze or critique a photo. There is so much more to look at then sharpness, nice colors, rules of thirds...

<a href=http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jlesage/Juliafolder/PHOTOANALYSIS.HTML>Analyzing a photograph<a/>
Old 12-15-2004, 09:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: How to analyze a photo

Thanks Nina, really interesting! I realize that often as 'istinct' i follow some rules, but a complete analisis of the 'reading' of photos is another thing.
Giorgio
Old 12-15-2004, 11:14 PM
TE Newbie

Merci Nina pour le partage. Je vais m'y attarder dès ce soir. On a toujours à apprendre n'est-ce pas.
Au plaisir.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:57 AM
TE Expert

Thanks, Nina. I will go back to this as a reminder to my own photo taking, but will safely not use it for TE (or not say I do), otherwise, 99,9% of pix will end up with the "need improvement" smiley :-).
Old 12-17-2004, 02:04 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Hervé,
I think it is already the case that 99% of the pics would deserve a "need improvement" smiley, but that doesn't really count in my opinion, what counts is what we write in our critique and this articles gives us other ways of looking at a pic, not just looking at the contrast, sharpness, olors and simple rule of thirds. But you are right that the article can also help us when making our own photos.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:11 PM
TE Senior Member

i agree absolutely with you, Nina. And the help 'thinking' before to shot is invalutable.
;D) Giorgio
Old 12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Thank you. For all those who make pictures just for fun it can be very useful to read that to get more professional, ewven if 'professional' means just making better pics.

Tom
Old 12-20-2004, 05:53 PM
TE Junior Member

thank you nina! i was wondering if this link or similar guidelines could be included somewhere on the TE webpage.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:09 PM
TE Junior Member

I really like the link you provided Nina. am suppose to post something in the forum asking for the guidelines in looking at a photo. I am having this frustration co'z there is a lot of people in TE that just visit the photo and go away I am also guilty on this but trying my best to say my comment to the photo so I am asking the rest to do the same specially those has a lot of experience in photography. there are a lot of people just like me want to improve their photography skills however if there is nobody do critique their photo then they will not improve and If I may say that their time spent on TE is just a waste of time. I do not want to hit on anyone but I'd like to encourge everyone to provide what ever comment or critique on the picture they look at in this way this site will continue to be healthy

Thanks again for the site that you given and this will really help us newbie in taking professional quality picture

rgds
verge
Old 12-22-2004, 12:35 PM
TE Senior Member

The line about centered photos being more liked by the very rich must be true as I like uncentered compositions. I just did not know that connection.

Ebbe