Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great oochappan 2008-04-22 3:17

A remarkable editions, all details explicit pronounced, I suppose a full size edition would even show more details. How is your impression about this camera, did compresion to this size involve more difficulties ?
greetings
Henk

Old 04-23-2008, 11:10 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To oochappan: Compression

Hi Henk!

It's indeed a very dificult task to compress the image in order to fit TE standards. Sometimes I have to move the quality bar down to 6 when saving jpeg at 800 pixels. About the camera, what can I say? Makes everything that I used before look like a child's toy. Unfortunately it's not mine, it is given to me by the magazine I work for, but as long as I have it in my hands I will enjoy it!

Best regards,
Hercules
Old 04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To oochappan: Compression

lucky you Hercules,
I have to buy my own tools
and
even when I can sell a photo
the reward goes as a support to India,
oh well a 5D will do as well as a DS :)
I doubted about the MIII
so I wait for a new 5D ?

Got the impression that TE became more an art-gallery then documentary ?
less info ?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Henk!

About the first thing: If I was to buy a camera with my own money I would go for the 5D, too! About the second, I couldn't agree more! Ok, I am not here to judge anybody, as I have also uploaded some "artistic" photos, no straight in the spirit of TE but I think that one every 30 posts could be excused. On the other hand, there are members that upload only photos that don't tell us anything about the world. And what's worse! Many times they don't even write a note about it! You and I and some others who spend some of our valuable time, what are we? fools?

Best regards,
Hercules
Old 05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Henk!

About the first thing: If I was to buy a camera with my own money I would go for the 5D, too! About the second, I couldn't agree more! Ok, I am not here to judge anybody, as I have also uploaded some "artistic" photos, no straight in the spirit of TE but I think that one every 30 posts could be excused. On the other hand, there are members that upload only photos that don't tell us anything about the world. And what's worse? Many times they don't even write a note about it! You and I and some others who spend some of our valuable time writing notes, what are we? fools?

Best regards,
Hercules